Citizens in DC, MD, VA and WV have recently formed solar networks as part of an effort to build support for solar in their states. The networks, named DC SUN, VA SUN, MD SUN, and WV SUN, communicate via online listserves that are open to any individual or business interested in solar.
- Ask questions about going solar and get help if they are are having problems with their system.
- Connect with people who have already gone solar and share their experiences.
- Follow new developments related to solar in the state.
- Take action on solar policies and issues.
- Get help starting their own solar initiatives to help grow solar in their state.
By keeping the discussion focused on solar, the listserves also appeal to a much broader base of participants that might not identify as ìenvironmentalists,î but who support their right to produce their
own power and are invested in their stateís solar future. This allows each network to help build a much larger group of grassroots solar supporters than if the discussion was focused on ìenvironmentalî
How do I join?
Visit http://bitly.com/statesolarnetworks to join your stateís solar network. Community Power Network, a national organization that supports community renewable energy initiatives, helps host the listserves and provides technical support to activists in each state. Join us!Originally published, 2013 Maryland Solar Tour guide by Anya Schoolman